Wednesday, October 19, 2011

One Week Already

It is amazing how fast a week goes by. It was so great to have my mom here to help out. Every time she comes to my house it gives me a boost to be a better wife, mother, and homemaker. She always makes everything look perfect! I love it; she was such a big help. I appreciate her very much. I am going to miss her that's for sure.


Grant at 1 week old! Of course he has red hair, would you expect anything else! He is changing by the day. We aren't quite sure who he looks like. He kinda has a mix of both I think. I love having a baby around to hold and snuggle. Sam is still a baby but he doesn't snuggle me anymore - only daddy! :)


Carter loves to be in the line light! Gotta get in for the action!




*Sweet Dreams*
This first week has been quite the adventure. Grant has Jaundice so we have had multiple Dr. visits and lab draws to check his levels. We ended up having the bili blanket but only for a couple of days. He is looking a lot better. He eats great and has been peeing and pooping like crazy - all good signs to help get rid of Jaundice. My blood pressure has been all over the place. It got up to 192/104 that was when I decided it was time to call the Dr. They ordered Labatalol for me to take and told me to take it easy. I kept checking my blood pressure and it still remained high so I went into Dr. Maybauch and they gave me another blood pressure medicine to take along with the Labatalol (Procardia). It hasn't been very fun. It makes me feel funny having it so high - I just feel like I am in a fog and things just aren't clear. Hopefully with the added meds we will get this under control and I will feel better soon.


Other than that everyone seems to be adjusting rather well. Carter is in love with Grant. He is the best helper to me. I couldn't do it without his help that's for sure. Sam could really care less. He is more concerned about all the new stuff around than Grant himself. He loves the swing and the bouncer seat, and he thinks the boppy is a great pillow! He is busy as ever but still the same old Sammy Sam. I think he is still too young to understand which is a good thing in my opinion.

4 comments:

mljohnson said...

Congratulations West Family!!! Grant is so precious! And he is one lucky boy to have Carter and Sam as big brothers!! (Not to mention an AWESOME Mom and Dad!!)
I've been out of town, but will call you soon!!
Hope everything is going well!!
:)
Laurie

Amy Baker said...

He is super cute!! Congrats again!

Starla said...

Oh my heavens he is so cute. I can't believe how much he looks like Sam. Congratulations! I hope you and Sean are surviving and the other 2 kiddos are helping you out :o) We love you guys and miss you!

Anderson said...

Congrats! I missed your first post of the little guy! He is ADORABLE! The picture with all three red headed boys is the cutest thing ever! We are so excited for you guys!