Friday, August 1, 2008

Beach, Beach and more Beach...

We had the opportunity to go to Southern California for a Rossell Reunion this last week. (Sean's moms side of the family.) It was a riot. It started off with a bang we all went to church together, then had a family baby blessing, followed by a testimony meeting. It is fun to be apart of such a great family. All of Seans brothers and sister got to stay in Jen and Shanes house with all of our kids running around. I believe there were 12 kids. Krista, Will, Sean and I got to sleep on the air matresses out in the front room area, most of the older kids slept outside on the tramp, Carter slept in the closet (by our choice), and everyone else was scattered around the house. We had so much fun though I wouldn't have done it any other way. It was more layed back this year in that we could really do whatever we wanted. Everyday we went to the beach around 1100 in the morning and some nights didn't get home until 8:30-9:00 at night! It was crazy. I was a little nervous because 1- I am teriffied of the ocean, and 2- I have a hard time just sitting in the sun for hours. They finally got me out in the water and it turned out to be a lot of fun. You just have to be brave and not worry about the waves crashing over top of you! All of the adults got to go out together one day and that really helped build my confidence it was fun to be with everyone. It turned out to be a well needed week of relaxation and fun. On a side note the part that was hilarious and I am sure that others looking in would have thought what are they doing was the showers!! Everynight after the beach we went into the condos were everyone else was staying and showered in the game room. The showers had two heads and it was easier to get the kids washed up rather than taking in home to Jens. If you can imagine 4 screaming children and 3 adults trying wash as fast as possible to attempt to make this a pleasent experiance. Day after day we conquered this great task, while Sean was in washing all of the older boys!! Now that I look back all I can do is laugh! We missed Renee and Chaz though. They couldn't make it d/t them serving in New York New York South Mission right now. They sent all of the kids shirts that said I love New York super cute.
For those of you who have not seen Momma Mea I highly recommend it. All of us sisters went to see it one night. Honestly I have not laughed so hard in a movie in a long time. It is the classic chick flick! I recommend not takin your husbands just go as girls it made it so much more fun I thought! All of us were practically in tears from laughter. It reminded me a lot of some fun girls camp experiences we had growing up!
Here are some fun pictures of the week for you to see just how great it was:
My boys with Grandpa Norm on the Pier at Rubys for dinner
The wonderful shower room, we had to bribe them with cookiesThe boys just before going out boggie boarding

Cousins playing in the sand pit on the beach (Lizzy, Brigham, and Carter)

3 comments:

Marcy Cheney said...

That looks like so much fun!! I just love the beach and could spend eery summer there. Thank you also for the uplifting email you sent us today. We are doing good. We love and miss you guys..

JoJo said...

Yeah, I could go for a week on the beach...

Starla said...

So fun! Soooo jealous! Glad you guys had fun and it doesn't look like you guys got too sunburnt either!