Nursery here we come...
Let me tell you today was a bitter sweet day. Carter is now 17 months old. We have 3 weeks left until he can go into nursery. We heard that as long as the parent stays with the child in the nursery you can take them in early. So today Sean decided to give it a try. Sean has to battle with him every sunday because I am the Primary Pianist and can not play and worry about him. Anyways Sean took him in and stayed for a while and then they told him that he could leave and just keep checking in on him every so often. That is what happened. Then Sean got busy with his priest group and before he knew it church was over. I go to get Sean after church and he darts to the nursery I couldn't believe that he left him in there. But when Sean opened the door this is what I saw. My heart melted. He isn't my little baby anymore. He had this little star on his shirt that said I am a child of god. Honestly I wanted to pause time and just sit and stare at him. What a beautiful sight it was. I just wish you could see what I saw. I am sure all you parents have experianced it, but man it was amazing. Isn't he a handsome little guy?! This was the first sunday in a long time that Sean has left meetings with a smile on his face. It was a terrific Sunday!
4 comments:
Ohhhh, he is too cute! I sure I am going to feel the same as you in a couple months...I can't wait!
Oh my goodness he is so handsome. He has definately grown. I remember the day Adrie first went to nursery. It is a bittersweet day. Call me the next time your in the burg. Love ya.
will you email me your address again...I lost it!
Kim! He is so cute! (I found your blog through Tara's) I just got released from primary and it cracks me up how many moms cry when they leave their little one the first time. It usually happens more that the moms are crying than the kids!
Post a Comment