Wednesday, July 6, 2011

*Sammy Sam*

I feel like a terrible mother for not having documented the first year of Sam's life. I didn't have a camera for 3 months so literally I have so much that is missed. So I am going to play a little catch up and document at least the stats of Sam throughout his first year! He has grown a lot and become quite the little man. He is starting to really gain his personality and is very social. Here are the highlights of Sammy Sam!

2 months
Wgt: 11 lbs 4 oz (50%)
Length: 23" (50%)
OFC: 15 3/4" (50%)




We got baby pictures at 3 months. They were hard because he wouldn't really cooperate and has gained a lot of chub! But cute as ever! (not that I'm biased)




4 Months
Wgt: 14 lbs 12 oz (50%)
Length: 25 1/2" (75%)
OFC: 17" (75%)
We started to feed him rice cereal at nights before bed! We hoped it would help him sleep through the night, but it didn't work! He could have cared less. Added bonus he loved it though.




6 Months
Wgt: 17 lbs 1 oz (50%)
Length: 28 1/4" (90%)
OFC: 17 3/4" (90%)



Random Cuteness! This was just before my camera broke so I think it was around 8 months! Drool, Drool, Drool!!




12 months
Wgt: 21 lbs 5 oz (25%)
Length: 31: (90%)
OFC: 19" (97%)
As you can tell from his growth stats he has always been tall and has a large nogin! More brains I think. For the first 9 months or so we were a little worried about the shape of his head because he would always turn it to the right it was a little misshaped. The Dr. kept telling me not to worry he was sure it would continue to mold as he gets older. Sure enough he looks perfectly normal now and you would have never known there was any sort of molding!

Some fun facts about Sam over the year:
1-He has a very contagious smile that you just can't help smiling when you see!
2-He is pretty demanding he knows what he wants and he wants it now - he is sure to let you know it!
3-He army crawled really well until he was 11 months then he finally started to crawl on his hands and knees. He wants so bad to move around and possibly walk except his feet just don't know what to do!
4-He is sleeping through the night now! His bed time is around 7:30-8:00 and he wakes up at 7am! Yes I do have to get up a little earlier than we were used to but it has been good for me. Carter just spoiled us!
5-He has a great personality. He wants to be in the middle of the party. Carter is teaching Sam how to wrestle and how to play with all kinds of toys. He follows Carter around everywhere he goes.

These are the latest and greatest of Sammy! He is such a joy to our home! We love him very much and are so glad he is a part of our family!


9 comments:

Anderson said...

He is such a cutie! I noticed his contagious personality when he was at my house. Both your boys are adorable- can't wait to see the next little guy!

Shantel said...

What a cutie pie!!!!

mljohnson said...

We love Sam too!! Thanks for sharing him with us. Don't know what I'd do without those Smiles!!
Love,
Laurie

Marcy Cheney said...

Oh Kim, he is such a doll! I loved how he smiled the whole time at Kyles' wedding and the bbq the night before. I don't think I ever looked at him when he wasn't smiling...such a happy little guy. You are blessed to have 2 sweet little "men" and a third on the way. We sure do love ya :)

Tami said...

Wow I want these photos, he is way to cute!

J and Ris said...

He is so adorable!! I love his cheeks too! He looks like a fun little guy to have around! Hope you are feeling good! I miss you and your cute family!

Audrey said...

Love your cute boys!! You are such a great mom. Can't wait to see what Baby #3 looks like (next year ;) ) Love ya!

Renée said...

He is such a little love. I adore his kisses along with his sunny smile. Thanks for such a fun post Kim!

TJay and Jenni said...

He is adorable, i can't believe how different he and carter look. Isn't that weird how that happens, that's how hope and liv are. So, how are you feeling? And what else has been going on in your life? When are you coming to rexburg to come visit me?