Sunday, July 17, 2011

2 day getaway - McCall, ID

The first week of May Sean and I took a little getaway to celebrate Sean's new job and to bring our heads up for air! It was well needed. We haven't had a getaway without kids since Sam was born. It was time. Sean's parents (Renee and Chaz) were able to watch the boys for us. It was only 2 nights so I wasn't too worried about leaving them behind and we were only 2 hours away in McCall, ID. I know when we go we go big!


This picture is on the way up we stopped to see the raging water. It was so high and the rapids were unreal. Honestly while we were watching the water my nerves shot up it was pretty intense. That was the highest I think I have ever seen them.



Here we are on our drive around the lake. It was mostly iced over which made it really pretty. The roads were still closed from snow so we weren't able to go all the way around, but what we saw we liked.



Here is Sean in downtown McCall out on the dock. I'm sure people that saw us were thinking they are retarded because it was sooooo cold! A lady at one of the shops told us that they watch everyday to see if today is the day that the ice is going to break on the lake. Oh the things that give you excitment when it is cold and there is not much else to do! It must be a big thing for them! To our knowledge it didn't happen while we were there :( maybe next year!



We both were laughing at this picture. Sean thought I was totally nerdy that I wanted my picture taken with these sweet bear statues! Come on wouldn't you want one too! Once again the people that were driving by I'm sure got a good laugh out off of us!


The condo place that we stayed at had a rec center with ping pong, pool and arcade games so we decided to check it out before we went swimming on day. I am pretty sure Sean won this round! I had a slight disadvantage though I was 16 weeks pregnant - notice my sweet belly!!


Of course the trip wouldn't be complete without good food. We didn't do a lot of eating out we just stayed in and cooked our meals! It was actually a lot of fun, it is always better when your doing it together! I know Ketchup on my eggs and my hashbrowns - it really is the best (if only we had syrup it would have been way better). For dinner we cooked steak for Sean and chicken for me of course. It was fantastic!

The trip wouldn't have been complete without the wonderful wildlife that we got to see. This little creature was just hanging out on the side of the road eatin!



When we woke up one mourning this little friend was right outside our door. Later we found out that the people below us were feeding him bacon or something so he really liked to hang out there. But it was fun to see.




We had a really great time. It was great just to hang out without any distractions and do whatever we wanted to do. Way to short, but we had to get back so we could make us more money! It was well worth it though.

No comments: