While we were in town for Kylie's graduation we were able to take some time off and stay for a few days. Highlights were playing Hand and Foot -new favorite card game for sure- visiting with family and going to West Yellowstone and the Playmill. I love when we spent time together with family, it is always a lot of fun!
*Uncle Scotty and Aunt Ashley with Sam*
My dad rented a 15 passenger van so that we could all fit in one vehicle and drive through the park together. It wouldn't have been the same experience any other way. THANK YOU DAD!!

Of course the first thing we saw were the buffalo! Not as many as I remember seeing in the past but still really cool.

Sean and Carter in front of the Buffalo! The sun was right in our eyes. Notice throughout these pictures the change in weather that we experienced. We got to see all 4 seasons (rain, snow, hail, and sun) it was great!

This was as we were walking to see the awesome waterfall. Emma and Carter-they are getting to be such good friends.
Of course the first thing we saw were the buffalo! Not as many as I remember seeing in the past but still really cool.
Sean and Carter in front of the Buffalo! The sun was right in our eyes. Notice throughout these pictures the change in weather that we experienced. We got to see all 4 seasons (rain, snow, hail, and sun) it was great!
This was as we were walking to see the awesome waterfall. Emma and Carter-they are getting to be such good friends.
Daddy and Sam on their way! We weren't really prepared for how cold it was, but luckily Aunt Starla had extra gear for us.

Carter at the falls.

Our Family Photo

Next we stopped at the hot pools. They are a definite favorite of mine. I am just amazed at all the beautiful colors and the amount of heat they can put off. Plus the sulfur smell doesn't bother me too much!

Love the Blue.

This picture is awesome to me because you can see the boiling water coming out of the hot spots in the ground. Fascinating!

The major highlight were the amount of bears that we were able to see. In this picture 2 Grizzlies are running up the mountain. I SPY!!

This Grizzly was amazing. It was so close and we had the perfect view. I don't think I have ever seen a wild grizzly this close before.

Here is the snow falling down and 2 Elk in the background. The boys sure got a kick out of them. When I say boys I mean Sean, Ryan and Scott!

Another beautiful picture - notice sunny!!

Then on our way back we were able to see a Black Bear just off the side of the road. The trip couldn't have been more complete. Over all we were able to see a total of 5 different bears.

At the Restaurant after an eventful day in the park. Two very tired and energetic boys posing with their momma! While at the restaurant Carter was a little hungry and anxious for his food he just about walked into the kitchen to ask where his grilled cheese was.

Carter at the falls.
Next we stopped at the hot pools. They are a definite favorite of mine. I am just amazed at all the beautiful colors and the amount of heat they can put off. Plus the sulfur smell doesn't bother me too much!
Love the Blue.
This picture is awesome to me because you can see the boiling water coming out of the hot spots in the ground. Fascinating!
The major highlight were the amount of bears that we were able to see. In this picture 2 Grizzlies are running up the mountain. I SPY!!
This Grizzly was amazing. It was so close and we had the perfect view. I don't think I have ever seen a wild grizzly this close before.
Here is the snow falling down and 2 Elk in the background. The boys sure got a kick out of them. When I say boys I mean Sean, Ryan and Scott!
Another beautiful picture - notice sunny!!
Then on our way back we were able to see a Black Bear just off the side of the road. The trip couldn't have been more complete. Over all we were able to see a total of 5 different bears.
At the Restaurant after an eventful day in the park. Two very tired and energetic boys posing with their momma! While at the restaurant Carter was a little hungry and anxious for his food he just about walked into the kitchen to ask where his grilled cheese was.
Like I said before we were able to go to the Playmill also. We got to see High School Musical. I know sounds lame, but I LOVED it! Carter and I both sat there and jammed out to the music. I know a little nerdy but I do love those movies and have gotten Carter into them as well. Hey they play basketball in it! :) Plus we got to see JPL (John Peter Lewis) from American Idol oh wait let me add he was my FHE brother at BYU-Idaho also!!
It was a great trip and one we will not forget for a long time. Thanks for graduating Ky so we could have the experience!
2 comments:
I LOVE this post...Yellowstone is one of my favorite places on Earth! Pretty cool how you experienced all 4 seasons in one day and the wildlife, well that's just too cool! You have such an awesome family...I love how y'all are there to support each other in all the big events. Love y'all lots and hope bedrest isn't getting too boring yet...hang in there :)
I Love the I Spy pic of the Grizzlies! That's awesome. I've neer seen Grizzly bears in the wild. I love Yellowstone too, that's fun that you got to be in a van all together! We did that in California with Jimmy's family a couple of years ago, the experience is so much more fun! :) Miss you guys, Love ya!
Post a Comment