Wednesday, September 15, 2010

All about Carter


I am back tracking a little bit because I am so far behind. When Sam was born Carter's world was turned upside down. While I was on bed rest he was shipped out to at least 5 different houses for 8 weeks. He was only home for a total of 10 days during that period of time. I think it was a little hard on him, because when he came home for good 4 days later his little brother was born. He didn't get that much time with mom and dad before someone else came into the picture. At first he really liked it, he thought Sam was great and was super excited that he was finally out of my tummy! Then once Sam came home from the hospital and everyone left he changed. He decided to start throwing major temper tantrums - we had to adapt our parenting to accommodate his needs. He has been the only child for almost 4 years and has had our undivided attention. It took him a good 4-5 weeks before he adjusted to everything. A few things changed but for the most part we got our fun loving Carter back. He loves Sam now and is such a big helper with him. I love that he can help out! If I ask him to do something he always says, "Oh yes sir." He is very obedient and honest with us. He really wants to please! We LOVE our Carter!!

While he was being bounced around Grandma Nee and Grandpa Chaz came up with the box of loot. That box went everywhere with him and little by little became stacked with McDonald's toys and others that people spoiled him with. He is so funny when it comes to his toys. He knows exactly where they all are and how many he has. He takes a toy with him everywhere we go whether it be to the grocery store or to the park. This is a picture of the loot!

Another funny thing about Carter is his sleeping habits. Ever since we moved into our house he has been a great sleeper. My favorite sound every morning is waking up to, "Mom, I'm awake." He would never get out of his bed unless I would go in and get him. It was hard while I was on bed rest and then after I had Sam some days I couldn't run in and get him so I would call him out to me. Soon he discovered that he can get out of bed on his own (it only took 4 years)! Don't get me wrong I love it! My favorite was one day he came into my room and all proud says, "Mom I got out all by myself. I knew I could do it." But one night after I put him to bed a few hours later I discovered his door was open and this is what I found pictured below.

He is so cute! This has happened several times since. I think he was having bad dreams and liked the light outside his door. Since then he now has a night light and listens to music at bedtime, it has helped. But I still wake up in the morning to him calling for me. I know that is something I will always remember I love it!

No comments: