Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Sam's Blessing Day -August 1, 2010-

This is what I wrote in my journal of that day!
Sam’s blessing:
1. Smarts
2. Good communication skills
3. Leadership
4. Be a joy to your mother

Dear Sam,
Today was your blessing day (August 1, 2010)! You looked amazing in your white outfit and had white booties and wrapped in your white blanket! It brought tears of joy to my eyes when I looked at you. It was a great blessing by your father! You were awake and happy during the whole blessing. It was short and sweet. You were blessed with all that your heavenly father would want you to have. The power of the priesthood is real. It amazes me! Today as I watched your dad, Grandpa Eric, Grandpa Chaz, Great-grandpa Erickson, Uncle Shane, Uncle Ryan and Uncle Jeff hold you in their arms my heart was very full. I love that worthy men can come together and perform such a powerful blessing. The spirit was very strong. You carry a special spirit with you, and have from the very beginning. You have been a miracle in our lives. Truly an answer to many prayers, especially mine and daddy’s. Carter loves you. He is always so concerned about you when you cry. The other day he said to me as he was going outside to play, “mom you take care of Sam for me while I’m gone.” He made up a song about how you are brothers and he loves you. It is very sweet. I hope and pray that you will be good buds as you grow up together. I hope that you have fun together and always look out for each other. We love you Sam! --Mom

We have learned that Carter only takes pictures when Carter wants to take pictures! He is such a stinker sometimes!

Our wonderful family that came to celebrate Sam's special day!
Thanks to Renee who put together the collages! :)



2 comments:

TJay and Jenni said...

What a great day! You look so beautiful and happy. That will be such a sweet letter for him to read when he is older. You guys have done good. :)

Jodee said...

What a great day! I am laughing because we seriously need to live closer so that Cody and Carter can be friends. That is exactly what Cody does and he makes that same scowl face. Don't you love 4 year olds? But they are such good brothers. I hope you guys are doing great!