Thursday, February 26, 2009

"Through small and simple things are great things brought to pass."

After watching Oprah yesterday can I just say I am very thankful for our education, our jobs and the fact that we are able to save a little each month to put into an emergency fund. We have been truly blessed that way. Work has been a little more stressful these last couple of months because everyone in the hospital is working on ways to cut costs down. So I have been trying to be very careful on little things like how many paper towels I use to dry my hands, and how many wipes I use to clean a baby. I try to be conscious of every little thing to try and make it easier on everyone else. Honestly I can not go through a night at work without someone saying some new cost containment measure being implemented. The other night people were complaining about them taking our plastic silverware out of the break room so we now have to bring our own. One girl said yeah but at least you have a job! That really took me back! I need to be more grateful and not hype on the little things as much. As much as I complain about having to go to work every night, right now in these times I truly am grateful and it is things like the Oprah show that make me realize just how blessed I am.

Anyhow on a more upbeat note here are some of the latest pictures of Carter. The things he comes up with amaze me. He is definitely my source of daily entertainment. This video one might gross some people out but thanks to Uncle Scotty Carter is now fascinated with Toe Jam!! I find it hilarious! Sorry it is turned I can't figure out how to change that. But you get the idea!



This is what we do on a weekly basis! What good parents we are! :) Carter watches his movie...
Sean and I play Wii...

MarioKart!! We're getting pretty good.
This is also another one of Carters new found hobbies! I love the leg lift on the nesquick can!

This picture is calling for blackmail in the future. I love the golf bag with his apron around the waste! His facial expression says it all!

5 comments:

Tami said...

I'm sorry I missed the free gift! you'll have to do it again! Carter is the cutest! I loved the toe jam. Love ya Mom

Lisa said...

We have been going through the same realization at our house. It's amazing what we can save when we put our minds to it. Cute boy!

Amber Harmon said...

Carter is getting big! It's hard being far away and seeing haw big our kid get when we are not around! I miss you guys! And wish we were closer but I'm also enjoying life out here. Love you guys!

Lesli said...

Kim you guys are so cute! I love reading your blog because everytime something bad happens, you always seem to find the positive in it. You are amazing! Love you guys and hope all is well at your house!

shanenyefam said...

Is there any possible way the two of you can leave the young king with his oldest auntie for a week or two? He is 2.5 yr old perfection. I love the nesquick can and apron. Jake had a doll-it was his uncle Chase's and it was a boy doll! Love ya, Jen