Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Our terrible, no good Monday...

I woke up to a phone call around 8:30 saying Kim I did something bad. I wrecked our car. What was my first reaction. (Don't worry Sean is just fine nothing happened to him or the other driver luckily) Then he proceeded to tell me what happened. He wasn't paying that close of attention and the lady in front of him "had to of slammed on her breaks" and before he knew it he had ran right into the back of her. Her car was higher than ours so ours went right underneath hers and as you can see from the pictures munched the front. Her car only got a few scratches. And we only have liability insurance on the vehicle so really we can't repair it. Plus old beauty has close to 170,000 miles on her so putting 3 grand into her isn't all that practical. So we called up my dad (one of the many perks of having a father who owns a car dealership) and he got us rollin on getting a new ride. Although we didn't want to get a new vehicle quite yet I am really excited to do so. Morale of the story pay attention when driving. Sean did get a ticket, his second one in his life. I can't be too hard on him because I did the exact same thing only I was 15 and had my license for about 2 weeks and was driving my moms van to registration for high school. Dumb...


Sean had to bungy cord the hood down so that he could drive at least 50 to get home.

Good bye beauty!! Hello ???(no name yet) We're getting a maroon Pontiac Vibe!! They are going to bring it over tomarrow and I can't wait to drive it around.

9 comments:

Marcy Cheney said...

AWW...how sad! I can totally sympathize with Sean as I did the same thing last summer. No harm to either car, but a huge bruise to my ego. Thank goodness I didn't get a ticket, but the lady did sue our insurance for "neck pain"...what a crock!! Anyhow, glad he was okay and now you get to name a new car...how fun. Love you guys and hope to see you this summer at the Cheney reunion.

~Wyatt~Brittney~Brecken~Oliver~ said...

ok maybe i shouldn't bring this up. . . but do you remember in high school when you slid into my car?! You were bawling, and NOTHING happened to the cars so all I could do was laugh!?

Annalee Taylor said...

Dang...but yeah for a new car!! You'll have to post some pics! You have had some bad luck in the driving department havent you?!! At least this time it wasnt you, that makes it not so bad! Dont tell Sean that though!

Amber said...

Weird, I can remember that you wrecked your car before school registration. We must have had volleyball practice that afternoon or something.

Zach, Keri, Saylor and Casha said...

Sorry about the wrecked car Bo, but heck yea to a new one. Sean didn't get hurt and a new car for you guys so it didn't turn out to bad right :) I'm excited to see the new one.

Lesli said...

That bites, but hey a new car, you can't go wrong with that! We were just in Boise, and I am kind of Jealous you live there, I forgot how much fun Boise can be and how much shopping they have there! ha ah anyways enjoy the new car!

J and Ris said...

I think I saw your new car today on our jog! It looks pretty sharp! Glad that no one was hurt but YEAH for a new car!!!

Lisa said...

That is a terrible Monday. I'm so glad no one was hurt. Good luck with the car shopping.

The Mendenhall's said...

That stinks! But atleast you got a new car out of the deal.