Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Spring Break

This last weekend was my little sisters spring break so she decided that she would come spend it with us! Yeah!!! We had a lot of fun. I really enjoyed having her hear. You really grow to appreciate family when they aren't right next door to you. I hope that she had as much fun as I did. I sure do miss her a lot.
Highlights of the week:
1. Got to watch survior with Ky and my mom. That show is more a social thing for me. I love watching with my family thought, something different about it. (Sean hates it!)
2. Friday was a cold day so we went to Walmart (yeah) and out to Wingers for dinner. That is Kylies favorite restaurant. Then we watched Dan in Real Life, pretty good show.
3. Saturday we packed everything in. We watched conference then went to the Zoo with Annalhesis and Chase (our neice and nephew). I really enjoyed the Zoo. I isn't that big of a place, but I loved how all the exibits were so close so you could really see all the animals up close and personal! The tigers were my favorite. Carter really enjoyed it as well. I think he was most fasinated with the monkeys. Listened to a little more conference in the car and then Kylie and I went Shopping while Sean watched Carter! That was great, a little girl bonding time. It was funny because half of the malls power was out, so a lot of stores were closed. Even the food court couldn't serve any food or drinks. It was great. We both found what we were looking for and had a great time. Ky and I ate Quiznos, yummy. Then from 6-8 we went to Deseret book for the ladies night while the guys went to priesthood. It was pretty good, not a lot of fun with little ones who are tired and can't sit still. But I won a little statue of moroni on hill cummorha. Plus everything was 20% off for those hours and they had major sells going on. By the time it was over we were exahausted. So we went home and watched Alvin and the Chipmunks. I thought it was cute!
4. Watched conference and had a BBQ with the Jeff West family. I am not sure about anyone else but I thought this conference was exceptional. Maybe I was in a different mind set but a lot of the talks really touched me!
5. Got up early and went to Michaels for their huge spring sell going on right now. I was able to get some cricut cartridges and some other things I have been waiting to buy! Then I drove Ky to Twin Falls to meet up with mom and said goodbye. It was truly an adventful weekend, definately needed. Thanks Ky and mom for letting her come!

Still no pictures!! I went to buy a new cord and I couldn't find the right one for my camera. Bad day. Carter is growing up like crazy. He is so much fun. He talks tons. He is just started to be able to really communicate with us. I love that. Work is going great. I think I might have a new position in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)! I will keep you posted.

4 comments:

Miriam said...

Sounds like you did a lot in a short amount of time. I wish my sisters would come visit...I'm just a little too far away for that though since it is a 4 hr plane ride (non-stop) from SLC. Glad you had a fun time.

The Mendenhall's said...

Sounds like you had a fun weekend! Mike and I still are wanted to come down there sometime to see you guys! Maybe now that he is done with school for the summer it will be easier!

Starla said...

We are glad that you guys had fun! We are sooooo excited to see you guys this weekend, Emma keeps asking nonstop when Carter is going to be here. She is super excited!

Renée said...

How fun for all of you to be together for Conference. It was a conference where we were well taught. I loved Elder Child's talk where he said that tithing "is the best investment you'll ever make." Sean is proof of that in our lives! We miss all of you, but especially Carter. I am so excited to hear he is talking well! Can't believe it! Get a new cord quick for Grandma and Grandpa! We love all of you lots. Thanks for your effort in blogging for us!
Chas and Renee