Thursday, April 17, 2008

A sad day in the West home...

Let me give you a little background. We have cable and internet through Cable one, some people in our ward told us that if we were too cancel the cable they can't really disconnect it without cutting out the internet as well. So we thought lets give it a try and save us $50 a month. (basically rip off Cable One and get free cable) Sean has been bugging me about it for a while now to cancel it I just haven't dared because to be honest I love TV! Anyhow I finally did it yesterday and the lady told me that a guy would come out today and unhook the connection. And sure enough that is what happened. That meansno more American Idol, no more The Office, and most of all no more Disney or Family Channel !! Don't worry mom we still get Survivor! Yeah it is a sad day in the West home. But then I thought okay no instead of watching TV I will have to be more productive with my time and will hopefully get a lot more done. Plus that extra money will go towards other fun things and that more important to me.
*note to self don't do something without proof that it works...

8 comments:

J and Ris said...

Kim, we went through the same thing at one point in our married life! We now us bunny ears for tv so we can get the basic channels and the most we watch is pbs. We are still surviving and yes I am somewhat more productive! You'll learn to enjoy the little one more! It's a big change but you can do it. Call me if you get bored and we'll go walking or something!! :-)

Miriam said...

Until we moved to Ohio we didn't get ANY channels at all! We now have the bunny ears as well so we get a few channels. The nice thing is that if you still have the internet you can watch a lot of shows online. It is super nice because you can watch them whenever you want with very few commercials. You'll find that soon you won't even miss TV especially now that the weather is getting nice.

Annalee Taylor said...

That stinks! I dont watch to much tv but at night I gotta watch American Idol, Hills, and Greys...what would I do with them! So I take it you still have internet? So now you can blog more! Yeay! I am sure you wont even notice really, pray for summer time!

grams said...

hi kim. it is so fun to read your blog. that carter is such a cutie. sure hope you get the job in the nursery that you are trying for. we love you and miss you. love, grams c

The Mendenhall's said...

You are a brave person! I just don't think I could live without my shows at night!

Lisa said...

Oh, I'm sorry. Luke and I are so addicted to American Idol it is pathetic. I could give you a weekly update if you want.

Lesli said...

KIM! you are just one amazing blogger! ok but i am sorry about your cable, I feel for ya, at one of my apartments and we only had three channels! anyways i hope things are good for you guys! Carter is getting so big I can't believe it!

Ryan said...

We came home the other night and there was a note from comcast hanging on our door saying they made a mistake. Oops! They just realized they had been giving us free cable for the last year and a half. Of course this happened on Thursday (The Office, Lost, and Survivor) so a trip to walmart and $10 later, we now have 10 channels, 5 of which are digital. Sweet!