Sunday, March 30, 2008

The Red Head Temper *fact or fiction*

**I have been waiting to do an update on Easter until I could get pictures on here to show off everything that has been going on, but my camera cord will not work so for now I just get to type! Not as fun I know!!
I had to laugh at Miriams comment under Carter's pictures because she said, "Carter looks so sweet and innocent...I have a feeling he is not like that all the time." I loved it because just as of the last few weeks Carter has turned into my little toddler. He is no longer my little angel. He has begun to throw "temper tantrums". I mean the real thing, like the ones you see on TV when they get down on the floor and hit it with their fists and feet. Ya that is my boy! (From what my mom tells me I never did that!!) I don't know where he picked it up from but I just have to laugh everytime he does it. I am not sure, but it might be a little of that red hair coming through that I used to have. It is at those times though that I think is life really that hard for you right now kiddo! As soon as he is done and I figure out what the problem is then he is back to his old self playing and being a good kid. I figure that he has been a darn good kid long enough it is about time he turns the corner.
I was talking to a sister in my ward who is about to have a baby and and she also has two others. She was on the verge of breakdown with her kids. She was loosing her patients. I am sure none of us every get that way!! She said to me it is a good thing that kids have good days because if not no one would ever have children or else they would go insane! I just laughed and said isn't it true. The good times really do make up for the handful of the bad ones. We just have to be thankful for those special times.
That solves my question. It is not just red heads that throw temper tantrums!! All kids do it right...

6 comments:

Amber said...

Kim, Hey I found you through Annalee's blog and I think your little guy is so cute! I do agree that it is all kids because my 3 year old "brunette" throws terrible tantrums! She even throws things at the walls but then she can be the sweetest thing too!:)

Starla said...

Oh yes, all kids throw tantrums. I think it must be a requirement to turn 2, because it seems like that is right when it starts to happen. He is a cutie though and does look so innocent!

Stacie said...

No I think it is the red hair. Just joking. My Eliza is the greatest example of tantrums, but she is so dang sweet it is hard to get upset even in the middle of one. I am so gratful every day for my little blessings and in the long run it is all worth it. Carter is so big and he will just keep getting bigger. Just remember that someday he won't have tantrums like this, he will just find other ways to get upset. I think I prefer the toddler tantrum to some of Jaynie and Lillie's emotional purple monster fits, as we like to call them. Enjoy him while his tantrums are still sweet and innocent:)

Annalee Taylor said...

From everything taht I remember you were a golden child!! You never had a temper or even a wild bone in you! LOL! The first thing that came to mind was our "Elementary School FIght"...serious, I feel bad now about all the hell we put our teachers and parents through! I mean really, we couldnt keep a primary teacher or sunday school teacher to save our lives!!! The other day someone in our old ward told me that we where her hardest kids ever to teach...and she has taught a lot!!! Sad huh!! Well, its a good thing that Carter got his attitude from his dad! Because we both know it wasnt you!! *haha*

Miriam said...

That is so funny. Hannah throws tantrums a lot now too and she's not even 2 yet! She is very easily frustrated and sometimes I just laugh because she's throwing a fit about nothing! But like Carter, she is usually happy once we solve whatever little drama is bothering her at the moment. Can't wait to see the Easter pictures.

Jodee said...

I'm wondering the same thing. Sometimes I wonder if it is the "red head temper!" He didn't get it from me- that is for sure. HAHA! Annalee's comment made me laugh. I used that example to a group of my students the other day! Oh the good old days! We were perfect weren't we?