Born: 6/23/2010 @ 0237
Wgt: 6lbs 9 oz
Length: 20 1/2 inches
Head: 13 3/4 inches
I got off bedrest on Monday and took my last medication Monday morning!! I loved the freedom. Sean and I went on a well needed date that night! On Tuesday (36 weeks) I went on a walk around the block with Carter and Renee. I was feeling some contractions but nothing more than before so I continued to be up and at um, I took Carter to Toy Story 3 and came home to finish getting all the baby stuff out. Sean came home from work and was pretty adamit that we were going to get this baby here one way or another! I started to feel more and more contractions as the time past. During dinner I had to continue to stop eating to breath d/t the increased amount on contractions. After dinner we decided that we should go up to the hospital and see what was going on I was counting contractions about every 5-6 minutes apart. Sean and I walked around the capital building just to make sure I was really contracting before I went into the hospital. I get nervous going into the hospital I hate having them say sorry nothings up go home and rest! This time I had a good feeling and knew what I was feeling was real, away we went! I got hooked up to the monitor which showed me contracting about 2-3 minutes apart, the nurse checked me and was shocked to see me at an 8 cm. (That must be my magic number) Turns out we weren't going home and baby Sam was coming!! It was actual a better delivery than Carter was. They didn't make me stay in bed the whole time and I didn't have to have Pitocin! I walked around and was able to change positions when things got worse. Then surprise at 0237 out came Sam! I started to clap I was so happy :) He was a little shocked at first but quickly recovered! We are just happy he is here and healthy! It is such a huge blessing!
He was wide awake right after delivery! He wanted to look around and explore his new world.
My two happy boys! Carter came into the hospital room very excited to see Sam. He said, "Sam your finally here," with a huge smile on his face.
13 comments:
Haha I love the part about Carter saying Sam's finally here! So cute! Congratulations, I am so happy everything turned out so well. He's adorable!
What an adorable little guy!!! Glad everything turned out good for you both...good thing you didn't get to 40 wks or he would've been really big!! Congrats to you, Sean and Carter. Love y'all
Congratulations Kim and Sean!! He is beautiful!
He is just such a beautiful little guy...looks a lot like his big brother. What a sweet family and we are so blessed to have Samuel Eric here and celebrate the fact that we love each one of you so much. Way to do it, Kim!
oh, yay! congratulations, kim. i'm glad you made it and he's all well. and so cute.
Those pictures just melted my heart! I got all teary eyed looking at them, I am so glad he is here! Carter is going to be such a good big brother, and you are such a good mommy Kim. You deserve all the happiness in the world. Everything you went through to get him here and here he is healthy and strong, yay! I hope you are feeling okay and able to move around. I'm sure anything is better than bedrest right now :o) We love you guys!
I am so happy to see more pictures. He is so beautiful!! I can't believe all that hair. It makes me so anxious to get mine here. Too bad I have to wait 20 more weeks.
congratuloations! he is adorable- the whole family picture is the cutest! Love ya guys!
He is so so darling, we also are so gald he is FINALLY here!!
Congrats kim! I am so glad that he made it here healthy. He is adorable.
yay! kim i am so happy for you!!! congrats, he is so super dang cute!!
oh my goodness kim, he is sooooo cute!! i can't wait to meet him:)
What an adorable little guy! Sounds like it all went well! Congratulations. Wish I could see him! Take care.
Post a Comment