Wednesday, May 12, 2010



The story begins May 7, 2010- 29 weeks and 4 day prego!! Just after we got back from our trip to North Carolina I started to feel what a considered pressure! I didn't know how else to describe it to anyone. It lasted for a few days well almost a week and as the week went on it felt as though it was getting worse. On Friday I decided to call the Dr. just to make sure things were okay and it wasn't anything big since it was going to be the weekend. I got a phone call back and they said you need to go up to Triage at the hospital. I wasn't expecting that and got super nervous. Sean came and got me and away we went. Got checked in and they hooked up the monitor to see I was contracting about every 4-6 minutes apart and had started to dilate. Then I got admitted and hooked up to IV medication Magnesium Sulfate to help stop the contractions. Talk about the worst drug ever! Man was it miserable for 48 hrs. They gave me a steroid shot called Betamethazone to help mature Sam's lungs. Then they turned off the Mag and started me on an oral medication to see if the contractions would stay minimal. I had to have one breakthrough shot but other than that have done fairly well. But what does all this mean... strict bed rest!! As fun as it is to sit and watch TV/ movies all day long it has been getting old. Switching from side to side and only staying on my back for short periods of time. It has been interesting to say the least. I am hoping to be able to go home soon. It all depends on if things are progressing or have stayed as is. Our goal is to get to 36 weeks! That means at least 6 weeks of bed rest.


My mom came on Sunday! Happy Mother's day for us! It is always good to see my mom! Something about having her around brings me comfort. I know that Carter is in good hands and that Sean will be taken care of! Today was kinda of a sad day. She and Carter came to visit this am, May 12, 2010, and then she took Carter to Rexburg with her. He will spend time with my parents and Grandma Nee and Grandpa Chaz. Rexburg is a great place to go because we have lots of family to share Carter with if needed. He is in great hands I'm just going to miss him like crazy. He always has a way of bringing a smile to my face.


Back to Mother's day! The nurses brought in a card and some Hershey Kisses for me which was super nice of them! The card made me cry so I wanted to share what it said with you.
Dear Mommy,
Even though I haven't
Been born yet,
I wanted to wish you a Happy Mother's Day.
I can hardly wait to see you
and cuddle with you...
But in the meantime,
Just know that I already love you
And know you'll make a really great Mom.
Considering the circumstances I think it meant a lot more to me. As much as my heart in longing to meet him, he is better off inside for a while longer!
A big thank you goes out to everyone who has made phone calls and visits. It is great to know we have such a huge support group!

7 comments:

Beth Willmore said...

Good luck Kim! I wish there was something I could do to help you. If you were here in Rexburg I could bring you treats at the hospital! My e-mail is willmoreb@ida.net if there's anything I can do for you. I hope that little guy stays in there for another couple of weeks!

Tiffanie and John said...

Oh, Kim! I know what you are going through. I did the same exact thing with my second one. We were going to send our boy to Rexburg but I just couldn't stand the thought of it. That is when we lived in Colorado. I didn't have to stay in the hospital for too long. I think I was there for about 5 days and then I begged my doctor to let me go home. I had to stay on bedrest there too. I had my baby at 36 1/2 weeks. She also had the steroid and she is doing great at 4 yrs old. She has great lungs. She came out screaming full force. The shot worked. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Good luck. Hope all goes well.

melissa said...

holy smokes kim, how are you doing now? i'll be praying for you and the wee one.

Kristen and Scott said...

I was just thinking of you Kim and wondering how being prego was going. I actually thought, I wonder if Kim is going to have her little guys early because of what happened with Carter. I am so sorry you are flat on your back. But, as we have seen, better in than out for awhile anyway. It is amazing what mothers do for babies they have never met.
Love you Kim. Keep us posted.

Renée said...

Annahlise says, "you're doing a great job. Glad you are home!"

Chase says, "Welcome home!"

Lincoln says, "You're tough to fight against the bed!"

Brigham says,"Thank you for being Kim."

Spencer says, "Squeel!"

I know this is are challenge right now, but you will look at this experience and realize even more how much we love you and that we love you more for your sacrifice to have this little guy who we love too!

J and Ris said...

Kim, I so know how you are feeling! I was on bedrest for abou 8 weeks! It's NOT FUN!!! I got lots of reading in. Hang in there. It's miserable but kind of nice to be forced to stop and take it easy. You'll be very rested up for after that baby is born. Good luck!

Annalee Taylor said...

Im so sorry, your one tough momma. I hope you get to go home soon and that baby Sam stays inside! After reading this I have been worried sick about you, keep us up to date and take care of yourself... no working! Love u!