Thursday, January 7, 2010

Thanksgiving 2009

As I looked back on Thanksgiving this year I have a lot to be thankful for. We had a great Thanksgiving. We went to Yakima, WA to spend it with some of Sean's siblings and parents. It is a little over 5 hrs away from us so not a bad drive. It was kind of the midpoint for everyone to meet. My favorite thing about Thanksgiving is having wonnderful company and lots of yummy food. The best part was the potatoes and the green bean salad! It was delicious (as Carter would say)!
Aunt Jenelle had a fun activity to do with the kids that involved great sugar cookies frosted with vanilla frosting then covered with reeses pieces and fruit roll ups to look like Indian Corn. They were super cute and as you can tell from Carters face yummy to eat! He is super messy from frosting and lots of sugar! Gotta love the holiday's!


A lady at work was able to switch me days so we ended up being able to stay the whole weekend and came home on Sunday! The girls all went to the New Moon Twilight Saga movie. Loved it I do have to say even as great as Jacob was during the movie I am still an Edward fan! I just love how dreamy and romantic he is! Sean got up early for black friday to go shopping. I was going to go but ended up not feeling real well that mourning so Sean adventured out with Zach and Jenelle, while I stayed in bed and slept! :) Can't complain about that!


After the holidays we had our ward Christmas party. It was a lot of fun. We had it catered by a local mexican restraunt El Gallo Giro, then the high schools Jazz Choir (like the show choir) came and sang us some songs and then Santa came! I really enjoyed it and Carter was very excited this was his first adventure with seeing Santa. It was hilarious cause he sat on his lap but Santa didn't ask what he wanted so as soon as Carter got down he came over to me and said but mom he doesn't know that I want a transformer. So he ran back over to tell him! I just laughed, but overall I think Carter thought it was fun.


No comments: