Wednesday, July 9, 2008

More to follow...

Life for the West family has been very busy. We are constantly doing something and barely have time to breath and relax. We have been doing a lot of fun stuff this summer though, just our little family. It has been really nice actually, although we do miss our families and wish we could spend more time with them. Sean had a Summer Regional meeting up at Tamarack Resort so we all got to go. We stayed in our own little condo about a mile away from the lodge, with our own private hot tub. We stayed there for for 4 days and loved every minute of it. We got to take Carter on his first chair lift and hike around a bit. It was gorgeous!! We ate really well and had a lot of fun getting to know other financial advisors and their families in the area. It was great, but then we had to come back to a hard week and work. We spent the fouth with the Jeff West family! That was super fun, we live so close to them but don't spend as much time as we should together. So we spent the night at their house on thursday night the boys all slept outside on the tramp and then we went to their ward breakfast/bike parade! Later in the day we went to Speed Racer - okay movie, Sean really enjoyed it I thought it was alright (little motion sickness). The we got yummy ice cream and went to the parade that night! Overall I would say we had a great 4th of July! Did I mention that I love the 4th of July! Seriously, next to Christmas this is it! I love the music, the fireworks, the parades, the colors, and just being with family! Awesome!!
Then this last sunday my Mom and Sisters came to visit for a few days. We had a little girls "weekend". We missed Starla, poor Emmy broke her collar bone, so mom had to tend to her needs! She was their in spirit though! But we had a great time. We started a tradition that I hope lasts forever. We even stayed two nights in a hotel by the mall here in Boise to make it more offical! It was great. I was feeling super down about not being able to come home for the 4th with my whole family being there, so they came to my rescue and made me feel so much better. I am so grateful for all of them. It is so fun just to kick back relax and be ourselves!! We went swimming and I must say my mom is a pretty good teacher when it comes to sinkernized swimming. I hope that we can get Stacie a little closer then it would make things like this a lot easier. I love them all very much! There is nothing greater then sisters! I am very grateful that they could come spend some time with me!!

3 comments:

Starla said...

I am so glad you guys had fun, I really wish I was there! We missed you guys over the fourth but it looks like you guys had some much deserved fun :o). We miss you guys and hope all is well!

Marcy Cheney said...

What a fun girls weekend--they are the best. Sorry you couldn't make it to your folks house for the 4th, but sounds like you had a lot of fun anyhow. Are you still working full time? We miss you guys and wish we could see everyone more often. Love you guyz...

The Mendenhall's said...

I am so glad you had a good 4th. I was sad when we didn't get to see you. But you will but up soon right!