This is the one more step to independance. He is growing up so fast and it blows my mind. He is my side kick. I go to him for everything and he is always so willing and eager to help me. I am truely excited for him to start this new adventure though. I am excited for the structure it will bring to our home. I am excited to watch him learn and grow. He is going to be a great student and I am so happy for him.
p.s. who thought it was a good idea to give the parents a poem called The First Day, its about letting go and how his teacher will love him and take him in when I leave him at her door? Talk about a tear jerker. I read that last line and burst into tears. It was very emotional for me to watch him walk away and be totally ok with it! I am a baby I know but it was sure tough. Nothing can prepare you for that moment.
One of Carter's friends from our ward. They are in the same class together!
It is just hitting me how much he is really growing. It has been a lot of firsts for us these last few weeks. He lost his first tooth. He lost it when Sean and I went backpacking and his Uncle Jeff pulled it out. I am just realizing that there is a big part of his life that I am no longer going to be a part of.
Another big highlight. We finally bought the boys bunk beds so Carter is also getting to sleep in a big boy bed. I know he is 6 and that probably should have happened a long time ago but we haven't really had the need. He had loved sleeping in the toddler bed and hasn't really needed anything bigger. But as the family has continued to grow and needs change, we realized Carter can't stay small forever. He is also very excited to have a big bed to sleep in and even more excited that he get the top bunk! Too many changes for now. I just wish time could stop in its tracks. I just have to figure out how to enjoy all the moments and not waste any of the time I have with my buddy! Love you tons Carter.
3 comments:
I was doing great, not even a threat of tears.....till I read that darn poem!!!!
BTW- LOVE the pic of Carter & his friend. She is adorable! ;D
I love these updates, but you must do more. I know you are a super busy mom of three boys and a nurse, but I need more. :) You are the greatest, keep up the good work.
he has your eyes, kim!
Post a Comment