Sean, Carter and I had quite the weekend. It was full of fun, hard work, and many laughs. We decided that we wanted to sleep outside. I am afraid (okay terrified) of spiders and we do not have a trampoline, so we went camping. Lets just say it was not your normal campsite but a luxurious one in deed! Driving ten minutes away would have been too much work; besides, we didn't miss the ferocious bugs, uneven ground, and the latrines (logs and trees for Sean)!! We pitched our tent and away we went. We took out the "full" mattress from our spare bed to sleep on. Then Carter had our one person blowup mattress. Our backs were taken care of but wait, there's more.... Dr. Pepper and Mountain Dew, chocolate covered nuts and raisins, cozy sheets and blankets, last but most important: stars and planets were all we needed. Yet, with your house and power so close by we couldn't stop there; we brought out our 32" TV and watched movies! It was a blast! Carter absolutely loved it. He got to stay up to eleven (way passed his bedtime). His daddy said that was ok because were watching "Bedtime Stories".
Saturday was our day of yard work. We have a major project in the backyard that we are not even sure where to start. So we opted out and stuck with the front yard, planted some bushes and got a few rocks for our lonely island. We also weeded the tree and flower beds. It has all been something in the works for a long time now we just needed to do it. It was hard work, but very satisfactory. Got a little sun and had fun doing it; what more could you ask for.
My two boys watching Mulan! We also watched a new favorite Bedtime Stories!
7 comments:
So Fun, I wish we were there! I really want to help you in your yard. Someday! I love ya, Mom
A Sleep Out...sounds like a great new tradition. Like your Mom, we will come help with the yard too. Glad you are all doing so well having fun and working, the perfect balance. Love to all.
I love your style of camping. That is so great. Good luck with the yard work. We have some serious stuff to do here too, and I do not enjoy it. Not one little bit.
That is the best way to go camping. How much fun. Did you and I ever do it that way?
That looks like so much fun. I love that you had a mattress and TV, that is sweet.
That sounds like so much fun! I bet Carter loved every minute of it. A lot of work but nothing compared to a campground! Can't wait to see you guys!
K I think that Carter is one of my New Favorite Boys. He is the cutest thing ever. So polite and nice, and good. He is so good. It was really great watching him yesterday. What a fun little guy, not even phased by all the girls that he is surrounded with. You guys have done a great job with that boy. Keep up the good work.
Post a Comment