Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Christmas was a little different for us this year! We spent our first christmas here in Kuna with just our little family! I do have to say it turned out to be a special christmas for us. I think we really gained a new appreciation for eachother and it brought a great peace and joy to our home. We were able to start our own traditions and decide what we wanted our christmas to be like. Here are some of the things we did to celebrate this joyous holiday!
On Christmas Eve we headed out in the snow to go look at christmas lights. Some friends of ours told us about this house that coordinates their lights to music and you go sit in front and turn the radio station to a certain one and then listen and watch. So we went and got some fast food and drove to the house and parked outside and watched! It was about a half hour show, which was truly amazing! They did a really good job! I was very impressed. Here is the picture when the house is all light up in between numbers!

This is another house that we just had to take a picture of that we found driving around! Lets just say WOW!!!!
Then we came home and opened one present - pjs - and watch the movie Joy to the World. And celebrated together the real meaning of the season- our Savior Jesus Christ!

Here is Carter in his new Pj's!

Yes Santa did find our house! We were a little worried this year!! :) Here is what Santa brought to us! This is Sean's wonderful masterpiece! A new TV and some grilling supplies. (disclaimer: Sean would be upset if I didn't add that the TV was a gift to both of us not just him)

Here is what Santa brought to me!! A pea coat and a cricut cartridge! Gotta love christmas!

And I must say that Carter got spoiled this year! But he loved every bit of it! It was so much fun to watch him open his presents and play with all his new toys. His favorites were the bowling set, and the train set (pictures below)!

Here is the train set. It isn't really a train I just don't know what else to call it. It has little Buzz Lightyear cars that are battery powered that go on it. Within the first day of having this the batteries were dead!

This was our idea of a christmas meal. After talking with my sister Stacie I decided that I did not want to cook a big meal that day and have the mess to clean up, especially because I went into work that night! We did crackers with ham and cheese for our big meal! It was a good and will become our tradition!! Plus easy clean up!

Then after all that we went to the movie Seven Pounds with Will Smith! It was a good flick, not what I expected it to be though. And then had a nice relaxing afternoon playing our new Wii (thanks mom and dad) on our new TV! Talk about a fantastic Christmas!!
I had to go to work that night which I was totally bumbed about but I have to tell you it was a good night. It was perfect actually. I had a really good group of babies and one of them I got to hold for feedings. So during one of his feeds I sat and held him and looked out the window with the snow falling down and the christmas lights in the distance and I told him the Christmas Story of Jesus's birth! It made being at work not so bad. Especially when I sat and thought yeah they can't be at home with their families either why not spend it with me!

5 comments:

Kurt and Michelle said...

Kim I am so glad that those little babies had such an amazing person to spend their Christmas with! Being a new mom it is always so reassuring that awesome nurses take care of the new little ones.

Annalee Taylor said...

Sounds like a good day. You cut your hair and...bangs! Cute. You look so good. Im jealous of your new tv...how nice is that. I think next year will be our first alone, not gonna lie, Im looking forward to it.

Krista said...

Wow, that last paragraph really got to me. What a lucky little baby you held that night!

JoJo said...

Seriously, that must have been a Christmas tender mercy having that moment with the baby. Way to be Kim!

Brookie said...

you are the perfect person to be a nurse:) i am glad you had such a great christmas!! you are such a neat women!