Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Our Christmas Festivities!!!

Wow so much has happened that I have no posted about since November 20th! Yeah I know I am a blog slacker! But here is the latest. Sorry I am totally skipping over Thanksgiving - one I don't have pictures and too it was too good to share!!! That will be my excuse! My mom has pictures of the festivities on her blog if you want to check it out! Thanks Mom!

Christmas is almost here (8 days to go)! I am very excited about it! Well a little sad because we are not going to be celebrating with family this year! We will have our own little Christmas just Sean, Carter and I. I just have to think positive about it and make it a fun experience. This year Sean and I had a fun time putting up Christmas lights around the house! We added some bushes and our big tree in the front. It was a lot of fun although we did it at 10:00 at night in the cold, but we had a good time.
Then Carter and I decorated the tree and he wears this hat we got a few years ago at a thanksgiving bingo bash!! He kept saying mom take my picture and I want to see. Some of the pictures turned out hilarious. When he is consentrating on smiling he squints his eyes, you can tell he is deep in thought. I just can't help but smile!

Then last night we had some friends over for a little christmas party! It was fun we had a white elephant gift exchange and then made gingerbread houses! I would have to say we are not experts but Jo would have to of won! It was fun getting to know everyone better and just haveing a relaxing evening of fun. Hopefully this will become a tradition!!
This is the gang!

Here are our gingerbread house made out of graham crackers. Here is Seans,

Mine,
Hibberts,
Gwilliams,
And last but not least the Birds! Nothing more needs to be said! It speaks for itself!
I hope that everyone is getting as excited about christmas as I. I am just amazed at how fast it came upon us this year! WOW another year gone by!

5 comments:

Krista said...

Oh, now wait a minute!!! I had nothing to do with that Hibbert graham cracker house....I am going to give Coy all the credit on that......masterpiece?

J and Ris said...

How fun for you guys! What a fun tradition to have. I love having Christmas with just our own family! It's fun with other family but to have just your own little family is really fun! Enjoy it!

Marcy Cheney said...

That looks like so much fun and the gingerbread houses ALL turned out great!! I'm sorry that you won't be with all your family this Christmas, but it will just be the beginning of your own holiday traditions. We love you guys

JoJo said...

I'm so glad you got a picture. My gingerbread house was EATEN by the males around here before I had a chance to take a picture.

Zach and Sara said...

Oh man, that makes me want to make a gingerbread house. I can't imagine it will be as good as yours. Sounds like you are really getting ready for Christmas! I'm with you, i'm really excited! Hope I get to see you guys soon.