Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mothers Day!!

What a wonderful day it is. Honestly being a mother is the most rewarding part about being a women I think! I know there are days when I get upset and days that I really want to lose it (today being one)! But when I hold back and give Carter a hug and he looks me in the eyes and gives me kisses then my heart melts and I realize yeah this is what being a mother is all about. We have good days and we have bad, but that is life. I am very grateful for the wonderful mothers in my life.
My mom is coming to the rescue today! Sean is in Arizona for a training meeting and so my mom is coming to stay with me for the week to help out while I am at work and such! It is the little sacrifices that she has done for me throughout my life that I will never forget. The many nights holding my hand, rubbing my back while I cried, leaving little notes on my pillow after she made my bed, and the many times she tells me she loves me. All those little things are what make me very thankful for my mom. I just hope and pray everyday that I will be half the mom that she was to me. I tell Sean all the time who wonderful it was to come home from school and always have my best friend to talk to! Thanks MOM. You are the greatest!
Today was an interesting sunday. With Sean being gone, Carter throwing a temper tantrum in the middle of sacrament and me on the verge of tears all I could think of was my wonderful husband. The YW and YM came into primary so that the women could all go to relief society. Talk about something amazing. I haven't been to relief society since September I think. It was a great gift. But during our lesson we got to talking about the priesthood and how having the priesthood in our homes is a wonderful thing that sometimes we take for grantite. Anyhow as I was sitting there thinking I thought how grateful I am that Sean came from such a wonderful family. I know that Renee pushed him to be his best and was always encouraging good things for me. I am so grateful for her raising such a wonderful man whom I could marry in the temple for all eternity. I know that a lot of who Sean is comes from the many lessons he learned from you. Thank you Renee for all of your support and words of encouragment. We miss you a lot being so far away. It brings me great joy in knowing that you are out serving the lord! Who could ask for anything better. You are the best! I know Sean loves and appreciates you so much.
I hope that you both have a wonderful mothers day! Thanks Mom and Renee!!
I also wanted to take this time to pay tribute to another influential mother in my life and that is my sister Stacie! Honestly I am not sure how she does it but she does it! She has some of the most well mannered children I have ever seen. She works so hard to give those girls a great life. She is so patient and very understanding. I am just amazed everytime I talk to her or anytime we are together (which sad to say is not very often). Just watching and learning is all I can do. Lets just say she is great at the job she does! I am learning and will continue to learn so much from her! Thanks Stac, Love ya!

*as I was reading through this my English is totally off. I am writing like my journal entries!! Nothing is in the right tense or person so sorry to all of you english guros! Guess you have to deal with it.

4 comments:

Marcy Cheney said...

Kim...you are wonderful and I am sorry that you couldn't spend Mothers' Day with your husband at home with you and Carter. I am sure it was very hard on him to be away from you as well. I know that are a great Mom because you had such a positive influence from your Mom. You guys are the best and we miss you lots. Hope to see everyone next summer at another Cheney reunion. Uncle Kevin and I love you guys lots...

grams said...

HI KIM, AND HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY. SURE GLAD THAT YOU GOT TO SPEND IT WITH YOUR MOM, IF NOT SEAN. WE LOVE YOU, AND SURE DO MISS YOU. SURE HOPE WE CAN ALL DO SOMETHING THIS SUMMER. GOOD LUCK ON YOUR NEW JOB, AND HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEK WITH YOUR MOM. LOTS OF LOVE, GRAMS

JoJo said...

Kim I'm so sorry I am such a flake. I should have been more helpful at church and instead I just left you sitting there on the bench with Richard. Dumb. Anyway, I know how rough it is with the man of the house not in the house.

Renée said...

Wow! It's been a long time since I've been to your blog! You are so dear. Thanks for your really sweet Mother's Day tribute. You're right, being a mom is a great blessing, and as you grow older you will be so glad that you have a family to love and serve. You and Sean and Carter add such joy to my life. Thanks for all you do as an incredible Mom, wife and RN. Please don't feel PUSHED..(I'm not sure how I accomplished that, I guess it's just me,) but I do see you giving your best effort in all areas of your life and I love it! I'm so glad to hear you feel rewarded in your new job. Just know if I could have chosen anyone for Sean it would have been YOU! Love you lots.

Renee