Sunday, September 4, 2011

4th of July 2011

I had to work the 4th of July this year so we decided to sick around Boise and party with the Wests! It was a lot of fun and we were very glad we stayed. We are usually in Rexburg for the 4th so this was something new! Over the weekend we went up to Lucky Peak Reservoir and camped at a great campsite right on the water. Grandpa Chaz brought up the jet ski's so we partied on those most of the time. Kylie was able to come and stay with us for a few days and was lucky enough to have been here for the 4th! It is always great to have Aunt Ky around!


This picture was around the campfire at night roasting marshmallows for smores, eating banana boats, and also roasted starburst. [might be high on sugar at this point]

Say Cheese!

These boys are the best of buds - well most of the time! Brigham, Spencer and Carter enjoying the shallow end of the lake!


This is the only picture we have of proof that Kylie was there. She was able to get up on the water ski's. Her first time ever! Way To Go Ky!!


On the 4th we went to the Boise Parade Downtown. It was small, but we had great seats and it served the purpose. I love parades. Maybe next year we will try the Melba one I hear that one is great for the kids. Carter didn't miss out though - he got his stash of candy for sure!

Sam just chilled in the stroller and watched the Parade go by!


This is always a favorite in the parade. The BAGPIPES!! Gotta love um.


After the parade we still had time to spare before I needed to be at work so we went and got Del Taco and went to the Ivy Wild Park to play. The boys love the swings - especially Sam!


Checkin out the baby bump! Sad to say but this was the day all the drama began. 23 weeks!

After this they dropped me off at work and they went and had a BBQ and fireworks with the neighbors. I sure missed out. But in the meantime I went to work and was doing pretty good but kept having the feeling that I was contracting - my abd just kept getting hard and tight! About half way through my shift I took my dinner break and had to walk down to the cafeteria for food. On my way back my stomach got harder and harder and by the time I got back to the break room I was really short of breath and had to stop a lot to relax. While I was eating I kept having to sit back and take some deep breaths. I knew something was going on. I said a little prayer and afterwards immediately felt prompted to go to triage. After talking with my charge nurse and the high risk nurse both agreed and I walked right over. Sure enough they hooked me up the monitor and I was having a lot of irritability. I drank lots of water and then the contractions got worse. They watched the monitor for a good hour and then decided it was getting worse so they called the Dr. The decided to check me I was long and thick (cervix), but dilated to a one. They gave me a shot of turbutaline and that instantly slowed things way down. I had totally relaxed so they sent me home to be on strict bedrest until I could get in to see my Dr. So much for my 4th of July! I spent a good 4 hrs of it in triage and didn't get to see any fireworks. It made for a long night for sure. They couldn't get me in to my Dr. until the Wednesday (2days away)! I went in and was still having some contractions which I could feel-not normal for me. She started me on Niphedipine and help stop the contractions. A week or so went by and I was still having some contractions that were pretty uncomfortable so at my next appt she put me on modified bedrest -which means no work, no exercise, being off my feet 5-6 hrs out of the day. No fun, but at least it is modified not strict bedrest! I was on that with Sam for 8 weeks so was not looking forward to that again. All I can say is that little Grant better stay put for a lot longer and hopefully my body agrees!


No comments: